Why can't the land title office give me legal advice?

Land title staff are unable to advise on legal rights or actions associated with land titles and charges. The Registrar of Land Titles and staff...

What does it mean to have title to land in British Columbia?

In British Columbia, ownership of land is referred to as title to land (land title) and is documented by registration through the LTSA. Once...

What should I do to prepare for Web Filing?

Customers can ensure their Juricert Digital Certificate is valid and uploaded to myLTSA. Customers who use conveyancing software packages that...

Why are local governments exempt from fees for land title register searches conducted for taxation and assessment purposes?

Section 381 of the Land Title Act establishes an exemption from payment of the statutory fees incurred by taxing authorities for searches...

What is the purpose of the Authorized Subscriber Register (ASR)?

The purpose of the Authorized Subscriber Register (ASR) is to provide certain organizations that issue and submit land title documents over the...

As announced on November 1, 2016, the Director of Land Titles has retired three hardcopy forms, effective January 1, 2017.

  • Form 24: Postponement Agreement
  • Form 27: Transfer of Mortgage
  • Form 28: Assignment of Judgment

Please use Microsoft Office document icon Form C - Charge instead of the above forms.

For more information about how to complete the Form C - Charge, please refer to:

A hardcopy Form 24, 27 or 28 executed prior to January 1, 2017 will still be accepted as a supporting document for an electronic application using Form 17 Charge, Notation or Filing.