Introducing Web Filing
Web Filing forms can now be accessed through the Web Filing menu option in myLTSA. The Director of Land Titles will begin to retire PDF versions of land title forms as of December 13, 2020.
The introduction of Web Filing forms is one of several steps towards streamlining land title submissions, increasing efficiency and accuracy, and maintaining a secure and reliable electronic filing system. The LTSA is working with major conveyancing software vendors to assist them with integrating modernized electronic filing capabilities into their software packages.
How to Initiate a Web Filing Submission
Web Filing is separate from the existing Electronic Filing System (EFS). There are a few easy steps to completing a Web Filing form:
- Begin by entering data directly into a Web Filing form
- Once the form is completed, download and print the filled-in execution copy
- Execute and witness the execution copy, then return to the Web Filing form to true up the electronic instrument.
- E-sign and submit the Web Filing form using myLTSA.
Register for a Web Filing Webinar
Attend a live webinar on Web Filing to see a demonstration of the system changes and capabilities. Learn how to:
- Know the difference between a Web Filing Form and a PDF Form Template
- Create a Web Filing package and add applications
- Set up your Juricert Certificate in myLTSA
- Set up your Property Transfer Tax payment authorization
- Submit an application to the Land Title Office
These live webinars provide an opportunity to ask questions about Web Filing. Each session is expected to last one hour and is eligible for a CPD credit.
Register for the next available Web Filing webinar: Wednesday, December 9, 2020 at 11:00am
Web Filing Features
- The End of PDF Templates: Web Filing requires no setup to start creating a package. Customers no longer need to manage PDF form versions and updates, nor purchase software to complete and sign forms.
- Improved Validation: Web Filing delivers comprehensive form and package validation, supported by more contextual information to minimize the possibility of submitting defects.
- Minimal Business Disruption: Web Filing has evolved to introduce improvements over several steps because the LTSA recognizes the risks associated with significant and rapid change, including impacts to our customers’ business. During the transition to Web Filing, a combination of PDF form templates and Web Filing forms will be accepted in Land Title packages.
- Customer Support: Customers are supported with live webinars, pre-recorded instructional videos, online and in-form help content, and our knowledgeable customer service and technical support teams.
- Robust Reliability and Security: The use of Juricert and other security features are retained as key components of information integrity and security in the land title register. Subscribers complete a one-time registration of their Juricert Digital Certificate on myLTSA, and apply a digital signature to Web Filing forms using myLTSA instead of PDF software.
Web Filing has been designed with ongoing customer input and testing. Customer feedback is an essential component for the design of LTSA products and services in order enhance customer experience.
If you have feedback about your experience with Web Filing, please let us know by completing this form.