A title search is a record issued by the land title office setting out the particulars of a title to land generated from information contained in the land title register at a specific point in time.
To search for a title, you will need either the nine-digit Parcel Identifier (PID) number, or legal description associated with the property. A civic or street address cannot be used to search for a title.
You can search for a property’s PID or legal description by its address on BC Assessment’s e-valueBC website.
You can also find a property's PID or legal description on its:
- Tax assessment notice from BC Assessment
- Municipal tax notice
Another option is to search ParcelMap BC using geographic location, PID, civic address or other identifier. ParcelMap BC is the LTSA's online map of active titled parcels and surveyed provincial Crown land parcels. Please note the available regions. Province-wide coverage will not be available until June 2017.
Registry agents and other professionals can electronically request a copy of a title on your behalf. They can also assist with interpreting the title. When you hire a professional, they will provide you with an estimate of their fees and can often deliver the title to you electronically.
myLTSA Explorer is a single-user account that is ideal for customers who wish to order a limited number of land title records each year.
myLTSA Explorer allows you to:
- Request registered titles, State of Title Certificates and plans
- Search by Parcel Identifier (PID) or title number or via ParcelMap BC Search
- Pay by credit card
To complete the online registration form, you will need to enter your contact information including an email address. Once the login process has been completed, you will be able to request titles, State of Title Certificates and plan images. Learn more about myLTSA Explorer or register online.
To request a title search by mail, please order a State of Title Certificate.
- Know the property’s PID, or legal description
- Pay the Searches fee of $9.45 for each title
- Fees are payable in Canadian funds debit card, Visa, MasterCard, cheque or money order payable to: Land Title and Survey Authority of British Columbia
- Land title office hours are 9:00 am to 4:00 pm for title searches. Find a land title office location.