Front Counters Open By Appointment Only Alert Level: LOW

Please be aware that LTSA’s Land Title Office front counters are open by appointment only to protect the safety of our customers and staff. Customers can contact the Customer Service Centre on 1-877-577-LTSA (5872) to book an in-person visit.

Speculation Tax notices are sent by the Ministry of Finance to registered land owners in major urban areas of British Columbia based on information in the LTSA’s land title register and BC Assessment data. Confirm your title information by consulting your legal professional or

  • register online for a myLTSA Explorer account to order your title. The myLTSA registration is free. A credit card is required to pay the cost of the title which will be sent electronically as a PDF file to your myLTSA Explorer account. If any changes are needed, review the following actions:

The following actions can be taken to ensure your land title information is accurate:

  • Change Name
    If there is a name showing on title that is no longer expected to be on title, you can:

    • Change the ownership by transmitting the deceased person’s interest off title. Follow the directions here to choose to either Transmit Interest to a Personal Representative or Transmit Interest to Surviving Joint Tenant. Complete the required forms and submit the forms by mail.
    • If one or more of the names listed on Title are misspelled this must be corrected by contacting a Legal Professional to submit the appropriate application.
  • Change Address
    If the Owner’s mailing address on title is not current, follow this link to Change Address. Complete the required forms and submit the forms by mail.

BC Assessment owner and address information will be automatically updated when changes are made in the land title register. If the Owner Name and Mailing Address on title is accurate, there is nothing that the LTSA can assist with. Please follow up with BC Assessment for further support.

If there are any concerns with your Speculation Tax notice or you need assistance with completing your declaration, you must contact the Ministry of Finance. Please visit the Speculation Tax support page for more information.

LTSA cannot provide a title by phone and cannot process changes to the land title register without the appropriate forms being completed. For additional support on these processes, please Contact Us and have your Parcel ID on hand.

Related Topics

Change Name