File a Claim of Builders Lien application online at ltsa.ca/FileCBL. The new online application includes the option to easily prepopulate key information. LTSA encourages customers to use the online form to submit an application online, by mail or in person.
Do you want to work for one of BC’s Top Employers for 2021 and join an innovative, customer-centric organization? Are you looking for a temporary, full-time position that may lead to future opportunities? Do you have exceptional people skills and an interest in land title registration?
The Land Title and Survey Authority of British Columbia (LTSA) is accepting applications for auxiliary Customer Service Representatives (CSRs) in our New Westminster, BC office.
Who we are:
The LTSA is a publicly accountable, statutory corporation that manages BC’s land title and survey systems. These systems provide the foundation for all real property business and ownership in the province.
We offer meaningful work in the public interest. In support of the Province’s 30-point housing plan, the LTSA built and launched the Condo and Strata Assignment Integrity Register as well as the Land Owner Transparency Registry, a first-of-its-kind registry.
We offer an innovative, customer-centric culture: We are not your typical land title registry—we are focused on technology and innovation. We are a national and global leader in the effective automation of property registration and through technology, we are reducing turnaround time for our customers (e.g., lawyers, notaries, land surveyors, etc.) while also improving the consistency, accuracy and efficiency of our services.
What you’ll do:
Working in a team environment, CSR’s provide a variety of services to internal and external customers of the LTSA in accordance with established policies and procedures. CSR’s provide customers with information about services, products and procedural requirements; determine and collect appropriate fees for services; and provide administrative support to staff within LTSA offices. CSR’s are also responsible and accountable for the following:
- Answer inquiries from customers regarding routine processing matters as well as information specific to Land Title services, procedures and requirements and other LTSA services; provide information about other resources as appropriate;
- Prepare a variety of system-generated legal notices and certificates in accordance with established policies and procedures;
- Verify and process a variety of documents to expedite work of Land Title Examiners and other LTSA staff;
- Process and record customer transactions and payments in accordance with established policies and procedures;
- Perform general clerical and administrative duties such as stocking, filing, data entry, etc.;
- Retrieve physical and digitized records for customers and in support of internal LTSA staff.
We encourage you to apply if you have:
Education and Experience:
- A minimum of Secondary school graduation or equivalent;
- Additional education and/or training in business, law or office administration would be preferred;
- Administrative support experience obtained from a legal or related office environment is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills along with a strong customer service aptitude;
- Ability to deal with a variety of individuals including the public, professionals, government agencies, and co-workers with diplomacy and respect;
- Comfortable with various forms of technology such as digital scanning and call centre software, and ability to use Microsoft applications including Office 365, Word, Excel etc.;
- Demonstrated analytical and research skills, attention to detail;
- Understanding of historical records and systems;
- Strong organizational skills and ability to balance tight deadlines and volume of work;
- Ability to identify, analyze and interpret technical data;
- A strong team player with the ability to work on tasks independently.
The CSR position is included in the BCGEU bargaining unit.
How to Apply
Please submit your resumé and cover letter outlining how you meet the qualifications to HR@ltsa.ca quoting OP-2134 – Customer Service Representative – New Westminster.
Applicants must be eligible to work in Canada. We thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
COVID-19 Vaccination Corporate Policy – Effective November 22, 2021, all LTSA, LandSure and Autoprop employees must be fully vaccinated. New employees will be required to be fully vaccinated and may be required to provide proof of vaccination before the start of their employment.