Change Company Name
The instructions below are a guide to changing company name on title. A downloadable package including instructions, forms, and a checklist is available.
Filing to the Land Owner Transparency Registry (LOTR)
As of November 30th 2020, land title applications may require a LOTR transparency declaration and transparency report where relevant. Applications requiring and missing an accompanying LOTR form will be returned without processing. All applications submitted by mail should be sent to the New Westminster Land Title office to avoid processing delays. For more information about LOTR visit landtransparency.ca
COVID-19 Notice: LTSA Front Counters Open By Appointment Only
Please be aware that LTSA’s Land Title Office front counters are open by appointment only. A new booking and visiting procedure is in place to protect the safety of our customers and staff. Customers can contact the Customer Service Centre to book an in-person visit. Please visit ltsa.ca or follow us on Twitter for more information.
It is important to be aware that legislation defines the LTSA’s role and limits how we can answer your questions. For example, our staff is not allowed to provide legal advice or help fill out forms.
Only after you submit your application to the LTSA, can we advise on the correctness and accuracy of your application’s information.
If you need more help than we can provide, please contact a legal professional.
Change Company Name Guides
Do not use correction fluid (wite-out) on your application. This will result in your application being returned to you. If an error is made, cross-out the text and write the correction above or complete a new form.
The instructions below are a guide to changing company name on title. The downloadable packages include instructions, forms, and a checklist:
Steps to change a name for a company on title
- Please type or print clearly in dark ink on all forms.
- To confirm the exact name(s) on the title, consider registering for a myLTSA Explorer account and doing a title search.
- The Corporate Registry can be accessed through BC Corporate OnLine.
- Complete Form 17.
- If Change of Company Name is due to amalgamation, complete the Property Transfer Tax Return.
- For assistance with this form, contact the Ministry of Finance, Property Transfer Tax Section, at 236-478-1593 or toll free within BC 1-888-841-0090.
- Include the Change of Name or Amalgamation certificate from the Corporate Registry.
- Provide the existing Duplicate Indefeasible Title Certificate, if not on file with the Land Title Office.
- If you require confirmation of registration, please complete the Request for State of Title Certificate form.
- Pay a registration fee of $76.32 for each parcel or charge affected.
- Pay any Property Transfer Tax owing as indicated on your Property Transfer Tax Return, if required.
- Make cheques payable to the Minister of Finance for the PTT remittance.
- If you have requested a State of Title Certificate, pay $15.26 for each title.
Fees: To cover LTSA application registration fees, please make cheque or money order payable to “LTSA of BC”. If, on your completed Property Transfer Tax Return form it is indicated that taxes are owed with your submission, please make out a separate cheque for those taxes, payable to “Minister of Finance”. Please note that some submissions are tax exempt, resulting in nothing owed to the Minister of Finance. LTSA registration fees are still applicable.
For mailed applications, payment by cheque or money order to the Land Title and Survey Authority of British Columbia is accepted. Please remit in Canadian funds. If you are submitting a copy of the application to be returned to you, please enclose a stamped, self-addressed envelope.
If you are attending a front counter appointment, you may also make your payment via credit card or debit card on the day of your appointment.