File a Claim of Builders Lien application online at ltsa.ca/FileCBL. The new online application includes the option to easily prepopulate key information. LTSA encourages customers to use the online form to submit an application online, by mail or in person.
Quality Verification Program
The Land Title and Survey Authority of British Columbia (LTSA) has introduced a Quality Verification program with lawyers and notaries to ensure electronic filing subscriber compliance with Part 10.1 of the Land Title Act. Compliance with the Act is critical to maintaining the integrity of BC’s land title system.
The Quality Verification process will form part of the examination of instruments by land title examination staff. Electronically submitted instruments will be randomly selected. Under the authority of s. 168.57 of the Land Title Act, while an application is in pending state, the Registrar may verify whether designates who electronically signed submitted forms had in their possession an execution copy, or a true copy of that execution copy or, where applicable, the original of the supporting document (all referred to hereafter as “execution copy”).
Designates must provide the execution copy they relied upon when applying their digital signature to the electronic instrument. Examiners will review both the instrument and the execution copy to ensure compliance with Part 10.1 of the Land Title Act. Subscribers who do not meet their obligations under Part 10.1 are subject to E-filing Directions, Part 4, Certification Authority and Subscribers.
- Additional practice details can be found in the following resources:
- Practice Note 02-16 Truing Up an Original Electronic Instrument
- Frequently Asked Questions about Practice Note 02-16 and the Quality Verification program
- Land Title Practice Manual Part 10.1 – Electronic Filing Division 2 to 5
- Land Title Forms Guidebook – see paragraph about Electronic Signature in any of the chapters
- Web Filing Form Practice Guides
- Importance of the timestamp on a Web Filing form and execution copy
- Helpful Tips for Web Filing – how to avoid quality verification issues
- Web Filing QV Video Series: