Access myLTSA Services

Order a current land title or plan with myLTSA – LTSA’s online service for search, filing, and more. Register Now

1 / 3
Need to change your address? Alert Level: LOW

Learn how to update your mailing address on title with LTSA’s online application form or learn how to make other changes to title.

2 / 3
Front Counters Open By Appointment Only Alert Level: LOW

Please be aware that LTSA’s Land Title Office front counters are open 9 am – 3 pm, Monday to Friday by appointment only. Many common transactions are now available online. To book an in-person visit, contact the Customer Service Centre at 1-877-577-LTSA (5872) .

3 / 3

It is important to be aware that legislation defines the LTSA’s role and limits how we can answer your questions. For example, our staff is not allowed to provide legal advice or help fill out forms.

Only after you submit your application to the LTSA, can we advise on the correctness and accuracy of your application’s information.

If you need more help than we can provide, please contact a legal professional.

Property owners do not typically need to take any action once a mortgage has been paid off. Most mortgage lenders will electronically file the form necessary to remove a paid off mortgage (Form C Release of Mortgage) on behalf of registered property owners.

If you wish to verify the form has been filed, you must contact your lender directly. They may provide you with a State of Title Certificate as proof of the change.

Alternatively, to confirm if a mortgage is listed on title, you may order a copy of the title through myLTSA Explorer. The title lists the mortgage number, date and time it was registered on title, and the lender name. If you are looking for details about your mortgage, it is best to contact your lender.

Registered property owners are not permitted to change a mortgage on title, either in person or by mail to a land title office. To  change or add a new mortgage to your title, LTSA recommends you hire a lawyer or notary public to assist.

In some circumstances, your mortgage lender may instruct you to file a Form C Release of Mortgage. In this case only, you can mail the completed form along with a cheque or money order to the land title office in New Westminster.

Please be aware that to protect the safety of our customers and staff, LTSA’s Land Title Office front counters are open by appointment only. Customers can contact the Customer Service Centre to book an in-person visit.


Related Topics

Search for a Title

Hire a Professional