File a Claim of Builders Lien application online at ltsa.ca/FileCBL. The new online application includes the option to easily prepopulate key information. LTSA encourages customers to use the online form to submit an application online, by mail or in person.
Hire a Professional
The LTSA recommends that property owners consult a professional for advice and assistance when searching land title records and making changes to a title.
Why Hire a Professional?
Real estate is the most important asset many British Columbians own.
Any change to a title, even changes that seem minor, may have major legal repercussions and other consequences.
Legal professionals can advise on issues with respect to land ownership that may have far reaching effects on estate planning, taxation and other legal matters. These professionals can also act as representatives in land-related matters and can request records on your behalf and interpret them for you.
Using a legal professional to submit changes to titles also minimizes the risk of fraudulent activity against titles. The security of the land title system depends upon the vigilance provided by legal and other professionals.
Services Provided by LTSA
The LTSA maintains the land title register, BC’s official legal record of private property ownership.
We act in strict compliance with the requirements under the Land Title Act and can be counted on to be impartial.
LTSA employees can:
- Explain how to search the land title register
- Provide procedural and instructional information for applications to the land title office and how to obtain land title records
LTSA employees are unable to:
- Provide legal advice on real estate transaction issues
- Conduct land title searches over the telephone
- Conduct Land Owner Transparency Registry searches over the telephone or at the front counter
- Interpret information contained on title or other land title records
- Fill-in application forms for land title registration or explain what is to be contained in application forms
- Conduct historical, genealogical or other research into land title records
Hire a Professional to Assist You
Lawyers, notaries public or land surveyors are experts in land title and land matters. Please consult the appropriate professional for land title registrations and questions about searching for land title records.
Many active land title records are available for property owners to order for a fee by creating a myLTSA Explorer account.
Registry agents can provide copies of titles, documents and plans, conduct historical research, retrieve land title records that are not available online, and perform title monitoring services.