Front Counters Open By Appointment Only Alert Level: LOW

Please be aware that LTSA’s Land Title Office front counters are open by appointment only. Many common transactions are now available online. To book an in-person visit, contact the Customer Service Centre at 1-877-577-LTSA (5872) .

1 / 2
Claim of Builders Lien Online Application Now Available

File a Claim of Builders Lien application online at The new online application includes the option to easily prepopulate key information. LTSA encourages customers to use the online form to submit an application online, by mail or in person.

2 / 2

The LTSA cannot process requests for records by telephone or email or conduct research on your behalf.

Why Request a State of Title Certificate

A State of Title Certificate is a copy of the title that is certified correct at the time of issuance by the land title office.

You may need a State of Title Certificate for your property for several reasons:

  • To confirm the registration of a change to the registered title, when:
    • Buying or selling a property.
    • A mortgage is paid off.
    • A registered interest has been created or modified.
  • In support of an application to court.
  • For your personal records

How to Order a State of Title Certificate

  • Do not use correction fluid (wite-out) on your application. This will result in your application being returned to you. If an error is made, cross-out the text and write the correction above or complete a new form.
  • Print your documents on single-side paper only.
  1. Register for a myLTSA Explorer Account

    1. myLTSA Explorer is a single-user account that is ideal for customers who wish to order a limited number of land title records each year.
    2. Register to use myLTSA
  2. Request by Mail

    1. To submit a request:
      1. Know the complete legal description of the property, including the property’s nine-digit Parcel Identifier (PID), which can be searched for through ParcelMap BC using geographic location, PID, civic address or other identifier, or on the BC Assessment website or found on your property tax assessment notice
      2. Send a Request Form for State of Title Certificate, duly completed with a full legal description by mail or courier to the New Westminster land title office:LTSA Land Title Office
        Anvil Office Tower
        Suite 500 – 11 Eighth Street
        New Westminster, British Columbia
        Canada  V3M 3N7NOTE: Cash is not accepted
      3. Pay the Certification fee for each State of Title Certificate
  3. Hire a Professional to Assist You
    1. Registry agents and other professionals can electronically request a State of Title Certificate on your behalf. They can also assist with interpreting it.
    2. Learn how to hire a professional.

Related Topics

Contact Us