Access myLTSA Services

Order a current land title or plan with myLTSA – LTSA’s online service for search, filing, and more. Register Now

1 / 3
Need to change your address? Alert Level: LOW

Learn how to update your mailing address on title with LTSA’s online application form or learn how to make other changes to title.

2 / 3
Front Counters Open By Appointment Only Alert Level: LOW

Please be aware that LTSA’s Land Title Office front counters are open 9 am – 3 pm, Monday to Friday by appointment only. Many common transactions are now available online. To book an in-person visit, contact the Customer Service Centre at 1-877-577-LTSA (5872) .

3 / 3
COVID-19 Notice: LTSA Front Counters Open By Appointment Only

Please be aware that LTSA’s Land Title Office front counters are open by appointment only. A new booking and visiting procedure is in place to protect the safety of our customers and staff. Customers can contact the Customer Service Centre to book an in-person visit. Please visit or follow us on Twitter for more information.

It is important to be aware that legislation defines the LTSA’s role and limits how we can answer your questions. For example, our staff is not allowed to provide legal advice or help fill out forms.

Only after you submit your application to the LTSA, can we advise on the correctness and accuracy of your application’s information.

If you need more help than we can provide, please contact a legal professional.

Steps to apply for a Duplicate Indefeasible Title Certificate

Duplicate Indefeasible Title Certificates are very valuable documents and great care should be taken to ensure that it is not lost or destroyed. Consider keeping it in a safety deposit box to ensure its security as it is costly and time consuming to replace.

Do not use correction fluid (wite-out) on your application. This will result in your application being returned to you. If an error is made, cross-out the text and write the correction above or complete a new form.

The instructions below are a guide to applying for a Duplicate Indefeasible Title Certificate. A downloadable package including instructions, forms, and a checklist is available:

» Duplicate Indefeasible Title Certificate


  1. Complete Form 22 with the following information:
    1. Full names of all owners, exactly as on title.
    2. Mailing address of all owners.
    3. Legal description.
    4. Nine-digit parcel identifier (PID), which can be found on the BC Assessment website or your property tax assessment notice.
    5. Delivery preference and who will take delivery. Options are:
      1. Land Title Office pick-up: please bring two pieces of identification: one of which must be government-issued picture identification, such as a driver’s license.
      2. Mail: the duplicate indefeasible title certificate will be forwarded to you by signature mail.
    6. Signatures of all registered owners who are on title with their signatures witnessed by someone of legal age, who is not on the title.

Pursuant to Section 176 Land Title Act, if the title is subject to a right to purchase or mortgage the Duplicate Indefeasible Title cannot be requested.

Lost Duplicate Title Certificate

The duplicate certificate of title or duplicate Indefeasible Title is a highly valuable document and when lost, it is costly and time consuming to replace. Its loss could interfere with future plans to transfer the title.

Steps to obtain a provisional Certificate of Title
If a duplicate certificate of title has been lost or destroyed, the owner through their agent or solicitor will need to apply to the registrar to obtain a provisional Certificate of Title in lieu of the lost or destroyed duplicate certificate.

Applications for the provisional Certificate of Title must be submitted electronically, in accordance with the requirements for electronic filing set out in the Land Title Act and directives issues by the Director of Land Titles. Owners are encouraged to contact a legal professional for assistance with the application. Typically, the need to apply for a provisional Certificate of Title is discovered by a legal professional who is preparing a separate application for the owner, so the applications can be prepared and submitted at the same time.

An application must include the following information:

  1. Proof of loss in the form of a sworn affidavit by the owner(s) stating:
    1. The title number, legal description of the land, and name of the registered owner(s).
    2. The particulars as to delivery of the duplicate indefeasible title from the time it was taken from the land title office to its receipt by the registered owner and the circumstances of its loss and efforts made to find it.
    3. That the registered owner has been in uninterrupted legal possession of the land for a certain number of years without any adverse claim having been made on him or her.
    4. That he or she has never pledged the duplicate indefeasible title or hypothecated it by way of security for a loan or otherwise except asset out in the affidavit.
    5. The present market value of the land including any improvements on it.
  2. Where the duplicate indefeasible title has passed through several hands after delivery from the land title office, the registered owner(s) should obtain sworn affidavits from each party so as to establish the continuity or chain of events leading to the loss or destruction.
  3. Upon review and acceptance of the application, the land title office will contact your legal professional regarding advertising requirements and further instructions.


To cover LTSA application registration fees, please make cheque or money order payable to “LTSA of BC”. If, on your completed Property Transfer Tax Return form it is indicated that taxes are owed with your submission, please make out a separate cheque for those taxes, payable to “Minister of Finance”. Please note that some submissions are tax exempt, resulting in nothing owed to the Minister of Finance. LTSA registration fees are still applicable.

For mailed applications, payment by cheque or money order to the Land Title and Survey Authority of British Columbia is accepted. Please remit in Canadian funds. If you are submitting a copy of the application to be returned to you, please enclose a stamped, self-addressed envelope.

If you are attending a front counter appointment, you may also make your payment via credit card or debit card on the day of your appointment.