Adopting ParcelMap BC
Adoption Resources, including workflow and process management tools, are available for organizations who are considering ParcelMap BC adoption.
The LTSA, with the Integrated Cadastral Information Society (ICI Society), is actively promoting the widespread adoption ParcelMap BC by Participating Stakeholders to drive new business development and enhance operational excellence.
As part of this initiative, a total of 219 adopter organizations were identified among the Participating Stakeholders, falling into identified Adopter Groups based on their general pattern of transition to ParcelMap BC.
The adoption of ParcelMap BC is a milestone, where ParcelMap BC is recognized and used as the authoritative cadastral parcel fabric representation in BC, spatially and for accompanying attribution, by the Adopter organization, which include local governments and major utilities in the Province, among others.
Contact ParcelMapBC@ltsa.ca for more information.
Current ParcelMap BC Adopters
|Local Governments||Other Adopters|
|Resort Municipality of Whistler||Agricultural Land Commission|
|City of Kimberley||DataBC (Ministry of Citizens’ Services)|
|Regional District of Bulkley-Nechako||BC Assessment|
|City of Cranbrook||FortisBC – Electricity|
|Regional District of Kitimat-Stikine||RCMP E Division|
|Squamish-Lillooet Regional District||TransLink (South Coast BC Transportation Authority)|
|City of Grand Forks||TransMountain Canada Inc|
|District of Tofino|
|Village Lion’s Bay|
|City of Penticton|
|District of Stewart|
|City of Prince Rupert|
|Village of Ashcroft|
|Tsawwassen First Nation|
|District of Port Edward|
|Village of Belcarra|
|City of Revelstoke|
|District of Peachland|
|District of Houston|
|District of Ucluelet|
|District of 100 Mile House|
|City of Quesnel|
|Town of Ladysmith|
|Peace River Regional District|
|District of Tumbler Ridge|
|City of Williams Lake|
|District of Sicamous|
|Regional District of Fraser-Fort George|
|City of Rossland|
|Alberni-Clayoquot Regional District|
|Village of Valemount|
|City of Trail|
|Village of Burns Lake|
|Village of Fraser Lake|
|District of Fort St. James|
|Village of Granisle|
|Town of Smithers|
|Village of Telkwa|
|District of Vanderhoof|
|Village of Pouce Coupe|
|District of Taylor|
|Village of McBride|
|District of Mackenzie|
|Village of Hazelton|
|District of New Hazelton|
|City of Kamloops|
|District of Summerland|
|District of Chetwynd|
|Village of Pemberton|
|District of Squamish|
|District of Lake Country|
|Fraser Valley Regional District|
|District of Hope|
|Village of Harrison Hot Springs|
|District of Lillooet|
Map Extent of Local Governments Who Have Adopted ParcelMap BC
Local governments who have Adopted are shown in green and those in the process of Transitioning are in blue.
ParcelMap BC Adopter Status
Monthly, the ParcelMap adoption dashboard is updated to track the progression of organizations as they transition to having adopted ParcelMap BC.
Benefits for Adopters
ParcelMap BC supports the operations of local governments and other Participating Stakeholders by helping improve the speed of land-related research, planning and business decisions while minimizing data discrepancies.
- Delivers a sustainable, standardized and continually updated spatial and attribute representation for parcels – a closest-to-source, province-wide property data infrastructure with fewer errors and greater efficiency.
- Serves as a common system of reference – ParcelMap BC is used to research, prepare and submit survey plans across all local jurisdictions.
- Provides an authoritative representation of property ownership including tax assessment relationship to BC Assessment’s Jurisdiction and Roll (Folio).
- Delivers cross-border cadastral data alignment between local governments while supporting alignment of other key data such as zoning, planning, asset management and transportation.
- Helps inform constituents with land-related research and assist with front counter inquiries through ParcelMap BC Search service.
- Legal, engineering, survey and IT staff can focus on value-add and service delivery, not maintaining parcel data.