File a Claim of Builders Lien application online at ltsa.ca/FileCBL. The new online application includes the option to easily prepopulate key information. LTSA encourages customers to use the online form to submit an application online, by mail or in person.
Surveyor General Resources
Surveyor General Reports
- Surveyor General’s Report – [Link Magazine, April 2022]
- Surveyor General’s Report – [Link Magazine, December 2021]
- Surveyor General’s Report – [October 2022]
- Surveyor General’s Report – [March 2023]
- Returning Lands to the Crown by Dave Swaile – [Published in Link Magazine, August 2018]
- The River Has Moved by Jeff Beddoes – [Published in Link Magazine, August 2019]
- Provincial Government Records Digitized and Made Available Electronically in GATOR
History of Survey Systems
In the earlier years of BC’s development, various Crown land survey systems were used to define raw Crown land. View a 1975 paper on the History of Crown Land Survey Systems, prepared by W.A. Taylor, a former Surveyor General of BC.
History of E&N Land Grant, Railway Belt and Peace River Block
In BC’s history, there were several major grants of Crown land to railway companies to facilitate settlement. View an account of the History of the Esquimalt and Nanaimo Railway Crown Land Grant, Railway Belt and Peace River Block, prepared by W.A. Taylor, a former Surveyor General of BC.
Descriptions of Land
This publication provides guidelines for writing and interpretation of legal descriptions. View Crown land descriptions.
Land Districts of British Columbia
This publication outlines the land districts in the Province of British Columbia. View the land districts of British Columbia.
Canadian Generally Accepted Land Surveying Principles
Published by the Canadian Council on Geomatics, this document outlines the major principles that guide the land surveying practice in Canada:
- Principles to guide the development of land surveying governance models and legal boundary frameworks.
- Principles for providing Canadians access to qualified Land Surveying professionals.
- Principles that guide the role of a Land Surveyor in Canada.
Survey and Plan Rules
Survey and Plan Rules are the detailed survey standards that land surveyors must follow when conducting land surveys and preparing legal survey plans.
The Survey and Plan Rules are maintained by the Association of British Columbia Land Surveyors and may be found on their site.