LOTR Support Hours Extended to 6pm Alert Level: MEDIUM

From Nov. 21 to 25, support hours will be extended to 6pm for enquiries about Land Owner Transparency Registry (LOTR) filings. Contact the Customer Service Centre at 1-877-577-LTSA (5872) or online. The deadline to file is Nov. 30, 2022. Avoid the last-minute rush; file now.

1 / 3
Front Counters Open By Appointment Only Alert Level: LOW

Please be aware that LTSA’s Land Title Office front counters are open by appointment only. Many common transactions are now available online. To book an in-person visit, contact the Customer Service Centre at 1-877-577-LTSA (5872) .

2 / 3
Claim of Builders Lien Online Application Now Available

File a Claim of Builders Lien application online at ltsa.ca/FileCBL. The new online application includes the option to easily prepopulate key information. LTSA encourages customers to use the online form to submit an application online, by mail or in person.

3 / 3
COVID-19 Notice: LTSA Front Counters Open By Appointment Only

Please be aware that LTSA’s Land Title Office front counters are open by appointment only. A new booking and visiting procedure is in place to protect the safety of our customers and staff. Customers can contact the Customer Service Centre to book an in-person visit. Please visit ltsa.ca or follow us on Twitter for more information.

It is important to be aware that legislation defines the LTSA’s role and limits how we can answer your questions. For example, our staff is not allowed to provide legal advice or help fill out forms.

Only after you submit your application to the LTSA, can we advise on the correctness and accuracy of your application’s information.

If you need more help than we can provide, please contact a legal professional.

Change of Name Guide

  • Do not use correction fluid (wite-out) on your application. This will result in your application being returned to you. If an error is made, cross-out the text and write the correction above or complete a new form.
  • Print your documents on single-side paper only.

The instructions below are a guide to changing name on title. A downloadable package including instructions, forms, and a checklist is available:

Steps to change a name on your land title record

  • Please type or print clearly in dark ink on all forms.
  • To confirm the exact name(s) on the title, consider registering for a myLTSA Explorer account and doing a title search:
  1. Complete Form 17.
  2. Provide the existing Duplicate Indefeasible Title Certificate, if not on file with the Land Title Office.
  3. Provide evidence of the name change, either the original Marriage Certificate or the original Certificate of Change of Name.
    1. If you are applying to change your married surname back to your birth surname, the original Marriage Certificate must be provided as evidence.
    2. If you were married or changed your name in British Columbia, you can get these documents from BC’s Vital Statistics Agency (call 250-952-2681 or toll free to 1-888-876-1633), or from the Service BC office nearest to where you were married or changed your name
      Please Note: A marriage commissioner’s statement of marriage or a copy of a marriage license is not an acceptable form of evidence.
  4. If the certificate is not written in English, provide an English translation. The translation must be done by someone fluent in both English and the original language used on the certificate.
    1. Include a statutory declaration completed by the translator, confirming the translation is accurate and true.
    2. The statutory declaration will be kept by the Registrar and will not be returned to you.
      Please note: If there is any doubt about the authenticity or acceptability of a certificate, it may be held for review by the Land Title Office. In general, if the certificate has been issued by an authorized public officer and is written in English or includes an English translation on the certificate itself, the certificate is an acceptable form of evidence.
  5. Provide additional evidence such as a statutory declaration with your original Birth Certificate if the “chain” of name changes has been broken—e.g. when the name on the Marriage Certificate or the previous name on a Certificate of Change of Name differs from the name on title.
    1. Name variances can occur due to the existence of a previous married name or an additional or missing middle name.
  6. If you require confirmation of registration, please complete the Request for State of Title Certificate.


  1. Pay the registration fee of $76.32 for each parcel or charge affected.
  2. If you have requested a State of Title Certificate, pay $15.26 for each title.

Fees: To cover LTSA application registration fees, please make cheque or money order payable to “LTSA of BC”. If, on your completed Property Transfer Tax Return form it is indicated that taxes are owed with your submission, please make out a separate cheque for those taxes, payable to “Minister of Finance”. Please note that some submissions are tax exempt, resulting in nothing owed to the Minister of Finance. LTSA registration fees are still applicable.

For mailed applications, payment by cheque or money order to the Land Title and Survey Authority of British Columbia is accepted. Please remit in Canadian funds. If you are submitting a copy of the application to be returned to you, please enclose a stamped, self-addressed envelope.

If you are attending a front counter appointment, you may also make your payment via credit card or debit card on the day of your appointment.

Related Topics

Search for a Title

Hire a Professional