Front Counters Open By Appointment Only Alert Level: LOW

Please be aware that LTSA’s Land Title Office front counters are open by appointment only. Many common transactions are now available online. To book an in-person visit, contact the Customer Service Centre at 1-877-577-LTSA (5872) .

1 / 2
Claim of Builders Lien Online Application Now Available

File a Claim of Builders Lien application online at The new online application includes the option to easily prepopulate key information. LTSA encourages customers to use the online form to submit an application online, by mail or in person.

2 / 2
The general instructions on this website do not guarantee registration

All land title applications undergo a complete examination after they are received. LTSA recommends you consult with a legal professional who can provide advice on compliance with these statutory forms and related matters.

LTSA employees are not permitted to provide legal advice or assist in completing forms. However, if you prepare properly executed documents that meet statutory requirements, land title employees will accept them for registration.

Online applications

LTSA currently offers two online applications for public customers with further online options coming in 2023.

You can use your BC Services Card app to verify your identity, and to sign the application if submitting online. You can also fill out the application online and download a PDF copy of it to mail or deliver by appointment to a land title office.

Guides for making changes to title

These guides will help you prepare your application for the following application types:

Changing ownership on title

Transferring title, such as after the purchase of a new home or death of a spouse, requires the expertise of a legal professional. If you proceed without engaging a legal professional, the following guides and samples set-out the requirements to make an application with LTSA: