File a Claim of Builders Lien application online at ltsa.ca/FileCBL. The new online application includes the option to easily prepopulate key information. LTSA encourages customers to use the online form to submit an application online, by mail or in person.
Using the LTSA Land Title Register
The LTSA’s land title register is where ownership of, and interests in, private land in BC are registered. Participating in the existing system provides:
- An easy and inexpensive way to register title to land
- A secure and reliable land title record
- A land title record that is indefeasible.
Indefeasible means that land ownership cannot be voided, defeated or canceled by any past event, error or omission. By comparison, a deeds-based system cannot offer indefeasibility.
BC’s land title system also has these benefits:
- BC’s land title system is backed by an assurance fund in case of administrative or system errors.
- Land titles and plans are electronically searchable.
- Parcel information is searchable in ParcelMap BC, the current, complete, and trusted visual representation of titled and Crown land parcels in BC.
Land title registration is efficient when using the BC’s land title register. Filing an application to transfer title to land or registering an interest can be done:
- From any location with internet access.
- By any BC lawyer or notary who already files electronically using myLTSA.