Do you want to work for one of BC’s Top Employers for 2021 and join an innovative, technology-driven and growth-focused organization?
LandSure Systems Ltd. (LandSure) is looking for a Product Owner to join our growing Business Innovation & Technology division.
Who we are:
LandSure is a subsidiary of the Land Title and Survey Authority of BC (LTSA), a publicly accountable, statutory corporation that manages BC’s land title and survey systems. Our team of more than 90 employees supports the LTSA through information system consulting services, project management, customer support, and communications.
We offer meaningful work in the public interest. In support of the Province’s 30-point housing plan, LandSure has helped the LTSA build and launch the Condo and Strata Assignment Integrity Register as well as the Land Owner Transparency Registry, a first-of-its-kind registry.
We offer an innovative, performance-driven culture. We have helped the LTSA become a leader in automated property registration and through technology, we are reducing turnaround time for customers and improving the consistency, accuracy and efficiency of the LTSA’s services. We also build and manage innovative products such as ParcelMap BC and AUTOPROP, which support access to information for the land and real estate sectors.
We offer balance. LandSure provides employees with the ability to work for a stable, independent, values-driven technology company. The environment is entrepreneurial, innovative, and fast-paced yet supportive. Our culture is of mutual respect, constantly improving our professional and personal skills, and celebrating our accomplishments.
We believe in a hybrid of remote and in-office work and know you’ll love our downtown Vancouver office as much as we do! Our employees can work either entirely in the office, or a hybrid of both remote and in-office. Therefore, applicants must currently live in British Columbia or have plans to relocate to British Columbia.
What you’ll do:
As Product Owner you will collaborate with customers and represent their voice in scrum teams in order to help the team deliver innovative, trusted expertise and reliable land-related solutions to support the economy in the public interest.
Reporting to the Product Portfolio Manager and as an integral part of the product management team, you will be responsible for ensuring that communication and processes are flowing smoothly within the development team and that client needs are at the centre as you help build the product roadmap. Your excellent communication skills will enable you to thrive at identifying user needs, gathering feature requests, coordinating sprints and managing releases within a cross-functional team.
Key responsibilities include the following:
- Lead a collaborative needs gathering process with customers to elicit and document business, functional and non-functional requirements
- Author high quality user stories and acceptance criteria and work with others such as Architects, UX professionals and other product team members to do the same
- Own and maintain the product backlog by building, maintaining and prioritizing the team backlog of user stories, defects and enablers with input from Architects and other stakeholders
- Review, reprioritize and communicate story details to facilitate effective sprint planning and management of dependencies between stories and teams
- Track and communicate progress on all requirements associated with releases
- Collaborate with Architects to help plan, prioritize and scope the product roadmap
- Provide ongoing guidance and support for scrum ceremonies and offer key inputs based on the performance of previous sprints and challenges experienced
- Collaborate with the team and stakeholders to facilitate team demos
- Actively participate, support, and continually improve each release through all release activities including sell off, acceptance testing and all associated formal testing
- Lead the resolution of key customer and stakeholder concerns and escalations
- Ensure that post operations activities and action items are completed including final formal test/operations, smoke testing, etc.
- Work with the Technical Lead to accept development user stories as complete based on the definition of done
- Work closely with the Release Manager and Operations to ensure release notes are created, required training is performed, and communications are supported
We encourage you to apply if you have:
Education and Experience:
- A business or technical degree with 4-5 years of experience in product management
- Experience with SaaS, regulated environments, agile development, and managing multiple stakeholders would be ideal
- Experience with real estate or legal conveyancing processes would be an asset
- Demonstrated ability to effectively translate business requirements into technical/functional requirements and launching new features into production
- Extensive understanding of the development cycle, agile frameworks, and how to manage a development sprint
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to adapt to multiple stakeholders and clients
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving abilities
- Strong written and oral communication skills, with the ability to present ideas in user-friendly language
- A self-starter with the ability to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Extensive information technology experience preferred (such as computer science or systems engineering)
- Knowledge of Jira and Confluence
- Knowledge of business and systems deployments in the public sector would be an asset
How to Apply
Please submit a resumé and cover letter outlining how you qualify for this position to HR@landsure.ca. Please include Product Owner in the subject line.
Applicants must be eligible to work in Canada. We thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
COVID-19 Vaccination Policy – To ensure the safety of our employees, all LTSA, LandSure and Autoprop employees must be fully vaccinated. New employees will be required to be fully vaccinated and may be required to provide proof of vaccination before the start of their employment.