How can I find the Parcel Identifier (PID) for a property?

You can search for a PID using ParcelMap BC, the LTSA's online map of active...

Why can't the land title office give me legal advice?

Land title staff are unable to advise on legal rights or actions associated with land titles and charges. The Registrar of Land Titles and staff...

How do I know which land title district my property is in?

View a map of the Land Title Districts in BC for more information.

One of the registered owners of a land title has died. How can their name be removed from the title?

Transferring title such as after the death of a spouse or owner on title requires the expertise of a legal professional. See...

  • The general instructions on this website do not guarantee registration.

    All land title applications undergo a complete examination after they are received. The LTSA recommends you consult with a legal professional who can provide advice on compliance with these statutory forms and related matters.

    LTSA employees are not permitted to provide legal advice or assist in completing forms.

To change a name for a company on title.

Steps to Apply at a Land Title Office Counter or by Mail

  1. A copy of the Change of Name or Amalgamation from the Corporate Registry.
  2. A duly-completed PDF iconForm 17 - Change Company Name.
  3. The Duplicate Certificate of Title must be surrendered if not on file at the land title office.
  4. Pay the Indefeasible Fee of $74.16 for each parcel or charge affected.
  5. For an Amalgamation only, complete Property Transfer Tax (PTT) Return (FIN579S).
    1. If you require assistance with or a copy of this PTT form, contact the Ministry of Finance, Property Transfer Tax Section. Please do not contact the land title office as we cannot help you with this specific form.
    2. Cheques payable to the "Minister of Finance" are the only acceptable form of payment accepted at land title office. All cheques for PPT payment must be must be payable to the "Minister of Finance" rather than the LTSA. The land title offices accept manually filed PTT forms on behalf of the Ministry of Finance as a courtesy to LTSA customers.
  6. If you require confirmation of registration, please complete a PDF iconRequest Form for State of Title Certificate and for each title include payment of $14.83 for the Certification fee.

Additional Information

At a Land Title Office Counter

  • Submit the completed form(s) to the land title office.
  • Hours are 9:00 am to 3:00 pm, Monday to Friday 
  • Payment is by debit, Visa, MasterCard, cheque or money order
  • Cash is not accepted

By Mail

  • Fees are payable in Canadian funds by cheque or money order payable to:

    Land Title and Survey Authority of British Columbia

    Anvil Centre Office Tower
    Suite 500 - 11 Eighth Street
    New Westminster, British Columbia
    Canada, V3M 3N7

  • Do not mail cash