As a customer-centric organization, the Land Title and Survey Authority of British Columbia (LTSA) continually works to improve collaboration with our stakeholders and enhance customer experience to achieve our Stakeholder and Customer strategic objectives. Our performance against these objectives can be reviewed in LTSA’s Annual Report, published on June 24, 2022.
Between April 1 – June 30, 2022 LTSA received over 231,243 land title applications. Application turnaround times remained consistent as a result of the dedication of our examination team along with our ongoing efforts to increase automation for processing land title applications.
Other achievements in Q1 include:
- LTSA initiated development of an Indigenous Reconciliation Plan to guide LTSA in aligning with the United Nations Declaration of the Rights of Indigenous Peoples (UNDRIP) and responding to the Calls to Action from the Truth and Reconciliation Commission (TRC) within the context of LTSA’s mandate. The goal is to establish a meaningful framework for how the LTSA can conduct its business in the spirit of UNDRIP and the TRC Calls to Action. The Plan is targeted for completion in the 2022/23 fiscal year.
- LTSA implemented a small increase to most services fees on April 1, 2022. LTSA will use revenue from the fee increase to address the impact of inflation on operations.
- A change to the fees for filing transparency declarations and transparency reports to the Land Owner Transparency Registry (LOTR) filings came into effect as of May 1, 2022.
- ParcelMap BC celebrated its fifth anniversary of delivering province-wide parcel data. Read what customers have said over the years about this current, complete and trusted cadastral fabric and the Adoption Working Group that advocates and supports its adoption.
- As of June 2022, the Land Owner Transparency Registry (LOTR) has received a total of 336,426 transparency declarations and 53,032 transparency reports.
- Several enhancements were introduced in myLTSA to improve functionality and address customer feedback. These and other ongoing refinements increase system integration, accuracy and efficiency.
Reporting on the progress we’re making reflects LTSA’s commitment to delivering accountable, reliable and trusted public administration.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions you may have.