The Integrated Survey Area Program establishes an infrastructure of coordinate control monuments within developing areas. The network of coordinate control monuments provides a standard vertical and horizontal reference system that supports mapping, engineering, surveying and other works.
There are fifty-three municipalities in BC that are official Integrated Survey Areas (ISA) consisting of a framework of over 20,000 coordinate control monuments providing the foundation for georeferencing activities. ISA also enables initiatives such as the British Columbia Active Control System to be more easily implemented, providing an enhanced georeferencing environment.
- Land surveyors operating within an official integrated survey area are required to tie legal surveys to coordinate control monuments. This requirement supports the ongoing georeferencing of the cadastral fabric.
- Online Cadastre provides access to land cadastral information, including Integrated Survey Area boundaries and locations of coordinate control monuments.
- Access the MASCOT homepage of the GeoBC Division of the Ministry of Forests, Lands, and Natural Resource Operations.
ISA plans and listings
ISA plans showing the locations of coordinate control monuments and ISA boundaries may be accessed by clicking on the appropriate ISA name below. This information is also available within the Online Cadastre application.
- Some ISAs indicate that they have more than one plan covering the area.
- The official ISA coordinate control listings are available by clicking on the appropriate ISA number below.
- Plans of some Integrated Survey Areas are available by clicking the name below, otherwise the extent of the ISA is as shown in the Online Cadastre.
Surrey (index - 8 plans)
North Cowichan (index - 4 plans)
Delta (index - 7 plans)
North Vancouver District
North Saanich (index - 2 plans)
Kamloops (index - 6 plans)
Abbotsford (index 9 plans)
Burnaby (index 2 plans)
Saanich (index - 4 plans)
Maple Ridge (index - 2 plans)
Prince George (index - 9 plans)
Langley Township (index - 7 plans)
Fort St. John