• The general instructions on this website do not guarantee registration.

    All land title applications undergo a complete examination after they are received. The LTSA recommends you consult with a legal professional who can provide advice on compliance with these statutory forms and related matters.

    LTSA employees are not permitted to provide legal advice or assist in completing forms.

Typically, legal professionals or your lending institution electronically file applications directly with the LTSA to cancel or discharge a mortgage and provide you with confirmation of cancellation of the mortgage by supplying you with a State of Title Certificate, which is a certified true copy of the title.

If your lender has provided you with a Form C or a completed mortgage discharge form, you can remove a paid-off mortgage from title by following the below instructions.

Applying to Cancel Other Charges on Title

You also can follow these steps to remove other charges on title, such as an assignment of rents, judgment or claim of builders lien. There is no fee for a discharge of claim of builders lien.

Steps to Apply at Land Title Office Counter or by Mail

  1. A duly-completed Microsoft Office document iconForm C
    1. Form C (except Item 1) completed by the lender.
    2. Item 1 filled in by the Applicant who is the landowner submitting the Form C to the land title office. Please complete the name, address, phone number and signature.
  2. Pay the Cancellation of a Charge fee of $28.63 for each discharge of mortgage being filed or each cancellation of a charge applied for.
  3. If you require confirmation of registration, please complete a PDF iconRequest Form for State of Title Certificate and for each title include payment of $14.31 for the Certification fee.

Additional Information

  • When completing forms, type or print clearly in dark ink on standard letter-size paper (8.5" x 11")
  • If you are submitting a copy of the application to be returned to you, please enclose a stamped, self-addressed envelope
  • This is the expected registration process for applications received in person or via mail
  • When paying Property Transfer Tax (PTT), a cheque payable to the “Minister of Finance” is the only acceptable form of payment accepted at land title office

At a Land Title Office Counter

  • Submit the completed form(s) to the land title office that serves the land title district in which the property is located.
  • Hours are:
    • 9:00 am to 3:00 pm Monday to Friday for registration of documents
    • 9:00 am to 4:00 pm for other services (title searches or plan and document copies)
  • Payment is by debit, Visa, MasterCard, cheque or money order
  • Cash is not accepted
  • Any filings submitted after 3:00 pm are processed the next business day

By Mail

  • Fees are payable in Canadian funds by cheque or money order payable to: Land Title and Survey Authority of British Columbia
  • Do not mail cash