The ParcelMap BC Adoption Working Group (AWG) officially retired this week, having accomplished its goals: advocate for the interests of peer organizations and address issues related to the adoption of ParcelMap BC.
Founded in 2018 and jointly hosted by the Land Title and Survey Authority of BC (LTSA) and the Integrated Cadastral Information Society (ICI Society), the ParcelMap BC Adoption Work Group was comprised of a dynamic group of approximately 30 participants representing local governments, provincial ministries, land surveyors, utilities and other stakeholders with interests in parcel mapping.
Highlights over the past five years include:
- The development of Adoption Tools and Resources for:
- Transition Planning including the Project Management Guide, Situational Assessment template and Case Study on the Large Municipality Focus Group
- Spatial Alignment including Spatial Improvement Assessment App, Data Alignment Workflow package (DAWp), Cadastral Ties and Spatially-Aligned Third Part Datasets
- Information Model Alignment including Land Records Integration Tools and a Roads Mapping webinar
- Dozens of workshops and webinars covering a variety of adoption-related topics attended by more than a thousand participants
- ICI Society Collaboration Portal (access requires ICI Society credentials)
- AWG session notes and slide decks
Thanks to the dedication and hard work of its participants, the AWG’s legacy lives on in the number of adopters – 114 and counting – and a rich inventory of help resources that assist organizations to fully transition to and take advantage of all ParcelMap BC has to offer.