Why can't the land title office give me legal advice?

Land title staff are unable to advise on legal rights or actions associated with land titles and charges. The Registrar of Land Titles and staff...

How do I know which land title district my property is in?

View a map of the Land Title Districts in BC for more information.

One of the registered owners of a land title has died. How can their name be removed from the title?

Transferring title such as after the death of a spouse or owner on title requires the expertise of a legal professional. See...

How can I find the Parcel Identifier (PID) for a property?

You can search for a PID using ParcelMap BC, the LTSA's online map of active...

Will I be informed by the LTSA if a charge is registered against my title?

Owners are typically involved or notified when charges are registered against their title. The notice will include information about the nature of...

The general instructions on this website do not guarantee registration.

All land title applications undergo a complete examination after they are received. The LTSA recommends you consult with a legal professional who can provide advice on compliance with these statutory forms and related matters.

LTSA employees are not permitted to provide legal advice or assist in completing forms.

To transfer property by way of a fee simple transfer.

Steps to Apply at a Land Title Office Counter or by Mail

1. A duly-completed Microsoft Office document icon Form A for each parcel.

2. Property Transfer Tax Return (FIN579S).

a. If you require assistance with this form, contact the Ministry of Finance, Property Transfer Tax Section. Please do not contact the land title office as we cannot help you with this specific form. Note the payment method specified below.

b. Download a copy of the manual Property Transfer Tax Return (FIN579)

c. Cheques payable to the "Minister of Finance" are the only acceptable form of Property Transfer Tax (PTT) payment accepted at land title office. The land title offices accept manually filed PTT forms on behalf of the Ministry of Finance as a courtesy to LTSA customers.

3. Duplicate Certificate of Title must be surrendered if not on file in the land title office.

4. Pay Indefeasible Title fee for each parcel plus any Property Transfer Tax owing under Item 2. 

5. Use a Microsoft Office document icon Form D and Microsoft Office document icon Form E if required.

6. Certificate of Payment (Strata Property Act Form F) must accompany a transfer of an interest in a strata lot. Form F may be obtained from the strata council or management company.

7. If you require confirmation of registration, please complete aPDF icon Request Form for State of Title Certificate and for each title include payment for the Certification fee.

Additional Information

  • When completing forms, type or print clearly in dark ink on standard letter-size paper (8.5" x 11")
  • If you are submitting a copy of the application to be returned to you, please enclose a stamped, self-addressed envelope
  • Fees are payable in Canadian funds by cheque or money order payable to:

    Land Title and Survey Authority of British Columbia

    Anvil Centre Office Tower
    Suite 500 - 11 Eighth Street
    New Westminster, British Columbia
    Canada, V3M 3N7

  • Do not mail cash