File Claim of Builders Lien
The instructions below are a guide to register a claim of builder's lien. A downloadable package including instructions, forms, and a checklist is available.
In order to protect the health and well-being of our employees and customers, the LTSA is restricting access in all Land Title Offices to only its employees, direct access pass holders and Registry Agents until further notice.
We encourage customers to mail in less urgent requests to change information on title, or alternatively, contact a legal professional.
It is important to be aware that legislation defines the LTSA’s role and limits how we can answer your questions. For example, our staff is not allowed to provide legal advice or help fill out forms.
Only after you submit your application to the LTSA, can we advise on the correctness and accuracy of your application’s information.
If you need more help than we can provide, please contact a legal professional.
File Claim of Builders Lien Guide
The instructions below are a guide to filing claim of builder’s lien. A downloadable package including instructions, forms, and a checklist is available:
Steps to register a Claim of Builders Lien
- Please type or print clearly in dark ink on all forms.
- You can find the legal description and parcel identifier on the title and on your property tax assessment notice for the land.
- Complete Form 5 and General Filing Letter.
- Include the nine-digit Parcel Identifier Number (PID) and legal description of the land.
- Ensure each item on the Form 5 and General Filing Letter is complete.
- If you require confirmation of registration, please complete the Request for State of Title Certificate.
- There is no registration fee.
- If you have requested a State of Title Certificate, pay $15.04 for each title
Fees: To cover LTSA application registration fees, please make cheque or money order payable to “LTSA of BC”. If, on your completed Property Transfer Tax Return form it is indicated that taxes are owed with your submission, please make out a separate cheque for those taxes, payable to “Minister of Finance”. Please note that some submissions are tax exempt, resulting in nothing owed to the Minister of Finance. LTSA registration fees are still applicable.
For mailed applications, payment by cheque or money order to the Land Title and Survey Authority of British Columbia is accepted. Please remit in Canadian funds. If you are submitting a copy of the application to be returned to you, please enclose a stamped, self-addressed envelope.