File a Claim of Builders Lien application online at ltsa.ca/FileCBL. The new online application includes the option to easily prepopulate key information. LTSA encourages customers to use the online form to submit an application online, by mail or in person.
Updates to E-Filing Directions and Guides
The Director of Land Titles has updated the E-filing Directions and other E-filing Guides.
The following documents have been updated as described:
- Revised the descriptions of electronic forms and added Public Filing forms
- Added direction for Public Filing forms
- Added direction for electronic signing of supporting documents
- Revised the direction for release of charges in favour of the Crown in Right of British Columbia
- Revised supporting document requirement- for Amendment to Title Owner Name and release of Claim of Builders Lien by Court Order
- Removed “originally signed” from the description of supporting documents
- Identified transactions that require a Property Transfer Tax form
- Variety of text changes to improve clarity and readability
- Removed several natures of interest that were liens filed by the Province.
Electronic Land Title Plan and Plan Application Requirements
- Removed Surveyor General approval types: Accreted Land SRW, Land Title Act s. 118(1)(b) and Natural Boundary Adjustment – SRW LTA s. 118(1) and replaced with: Natural Boundary Certification – SRW LTA s. 118(1)
- Changed ministry name from Ministry of Forests, Lands, Natural Resource Operations and Rural Development to Ministry of Forests
- Changed the name of the crown from “Her Majesty the Queen in Right of the Province of British Columbia” to “His Majesty the King in Right of the Province of British Columbia”
Valid and Retired Versions of Electronic Forms
- Added Application to Deposit Plan version 20 to the list of valid PDF form templates
Changes to E-filing Directions for Supporting Documents (COVID-19)
- Removed “originally signed” from the supporting document list