Over the summer, ParcelMap BC witnessed one of the largest jumps in adoption since its introduction, due in part to the retirement of the Integrated Cadastral Fabric (ICF). Currently, there are 113 local governments, utilities, and Provincial business units that have adopted.
The District of Oak Bay has the distinction of being the 100th adopter. Janusz Krawczynski, GIS Technician, District of Oak Bay, adopted thanks to “relying more and more on ParcelMap BC” noting ease of use and accuracy of the parcel fabric.
Recent adopters include:
- District of Oak Bay
- District of Wells
- District of Invermere
- Village of Radium Hot Springs
- District of Hudson’s Hope
- The Province, including six business units:
- GeoBC Base Mapping (Ministry of Forests)
- GeoBC Parcel Fabric Section (Ministry of Forests)
- Lands Branch (Ministry of Forests)
- Property Branch (Ministry of Transportation and Infrastructure)
- Information Management Branches (Ministry of Transportation and Infrastructure)
- Business Risk Management Branch (Ministry of Agriculture)
- Integrated Cadastral Information (ICI) Society – Integrated Cadastral Fabric (ICF)
- Bowen Island Municipality
- City West Cable and Telephone Corp.