The BC Ministry of Finance has introduced a new Property Transfer Tax (PTT) Return, now available for use through the new Web Filing menu option in myLTSA.
The new return combines the following PDF return forms into one:
- Property Transfer Tax Return – FIN 530
- Additional Property Transfer Tax Return – FIN 532
- Property Transfer Tax Calculator for Residential Property Over $3,000,000 – FIN 536
The PDF return forms will still be accepted until further notice. By Fall 2020, PTT returns must be filed using the Web Filing process as the PDF versions will be phased out.
Features of the PTT return in Web Filing include:
- Dynamic entry
- Auto-populated information
- All-in-one calculations
- Built-in help
- Drag-and-drop attachments
- Summary breakdown of calculations
For more information, visit Information for Legal Professionals on Filing Property Transfer Tax. To stay informed, subscribe to receive email updates when information changes on our website or visit the ministry’s What’s New page.