Access myLTSA Services

Order a current land title or plan with myLTSA – LTSA’s online service for search, filing, and more. Register Now

1 / 3
Need to change your address? Alert Level: LOW

Learn how to update your mailing address on title with LTSA’s online application form or learn how to make other changes to title.

2 / 3
Front Counters Open By Appointment Only Alert Level: LOW

Please be aware that LTSA’s Land Title Office front counters are open 9 am – 3 pm, Monday to Friday by appointment only. Many common transactions are now available online. To book an in-person visit, contact the Customer Service Centre at 1-877-577-LTSA (5872) .

3 / 3

Access to Records in LTSA Vaults

To ensure their permanent retention, historic records are securely stored in restricted areas, commonly referred to as ‘vaults’, in LTSA’s offices in Victoria and New Westminster. .

  • Legal, digital versions of digitized records are available through the myLTSA portal, DocuWare, and/or Scan on Demand service requests. These digital versions provide greater access to records, and are no longer limited to in-person presence. DocuWare is accessible by Direct Access Users, those accredited parties who are permitted to enter restricted areas of LTSA offices to personally search, inspect and copy land title and survey records.
  • Direct access to original hard copy land title and survey records is limited to LTSA employees and those with direct access privileges, including registry agents, land surveyors, First Nations representatives and historical researchers. Please Hire a Professional to Assist You with research of historical records.

To access LTSA records, there is typically one or more LTSA fees charged. Qualifying non-commercial historical or academic research projects may be exempted from the LTSA Electronic Images Fee when obtaining LTSA records in person from one of LTSA’s records vaults. Eligible historical research projects do not include research undertaken on behalf of a client being charged for the costs of such research.

For more information on the LTSA Historical Research Fee Exemption, please contact:

Attn: LTSA Corporate Records Officer

How to Research Historic Land Title Records

If you require access to original land title records for historical research please contact a registry agent or historical researcher. Please check the location of the record to ensure the researcher works in geographic proximity to the records being consulted. Records are accessible in our land title offices in Victoria, New Westminster or Kamloops.

Land title office employees can retrieve some land title records for a fee. They are not able to undertake general historical research of land title records due to the constant high volume of current land title transactions that require processing. Please contact a registry agent or historical researcher for help.

All paper documents received by land title offices since 1994 have been scanned and stored in electronic format upon receipt. The examination and registration of the documents is now conducted in electronic form. For information about requesting copies of more recent titles, plans or documents from the land title register, go to Search Land Title Records.

How to Access Crown Land Records

Records dealing with surveys and dispositions of Crown land for the entire province reside in the Surveyor General’s records vault in Victoria. To obtain a copy of Crown land survey plans, Crown grants or field books, you must first have the legal description of the property.

Each parcel of land in BC has a unique legal description. The legal description is developed from a number of data sources including the type of survey system used to originally define the land, the land district which the parcel lies within and assigned plan number (if applicable).

Crown land survey plans may be obtained through the following methods once the legal description has been determined:

  • Most Official Plans of Crown land and Crown grant documents can be viewed online through the provincial government’s Tantalis GATOR system at no cost.
  • myLTSA Enterprise users may order electronic plans of Crown land (those beginning with EPC prefix) via the Order Documents and Plans page, subject to the Electronic Images fee, and the myLTSA service charges plus applicable taxes.
  • You may retain the services of a BC land surveyor, registry agent or historian to obtain records on your behalf.
  • View a sample Crown land survey plan.

You may also contact the Surveyor General’s Records Services employees at with your request. When you place your order, fees will apply and Records Services employees will inform you of the total amount due. Most orders to the Surveyor General are processed within three business days. You will be advised if an order may take longer due to its complexity.

Additional Information

  • There is no province-wide index to historic land title transactions.
  • The quality and condition of surviving nominal indices differs from office to office.
  • It is important to focus your inquiry to obtain an accurate price quote.
  • Most registry agents and historians charge a fee per hour for historical research, plus applicable taxes. Additionally, there may be disbursement costs that professionals must pay to LTSA for obtaining and printing records.