File a Claim of Builders Lien application online at ltsa.ca/FileCBL. The new online application includes the option to easily prepopulate key information. LTSA encourages customers to use the online form to submit an application online, by mail or in person.
In July 2020, the Property Tax Branch (PTB) of the BC Ministry of Finance launched a new PTT return that aligns with LTSA’s new Web Filing
Effective December 14, 2020, PTT returns must be submitted using the new web form as the following PDF forms will no longer be available:
- Property Transfer Tax Return (FIN 530)(PDF)
- Additional Property Transfer Tax Return (FIN 532)(PDF)
- Property Transfer Tax Calculator for Residential (FIN536)(PDF)
Calculating the additional property transfer tax and further 2% tax on residential property over $3,000,000 can be done in the new web form.
Some features of web filing include:
- Dynamic entry
- Auto-populated information
- All-in-one calculations
- Built-in help
- Drag and drop attachments
- Summary breakdown of calculations
For more information, visit the ministry’s Information for Legal Professionals on Filing Property Transfer Tax webpage. You can also find out what’s new or subscribe to receive email updates when information changes on the ministry’s website.