As originally announced on October 14, 2020, the following PDF forms are now retired, effective Feb. 1, 2021:
- Form 17 Fee Simple
- Form 17 Charge Notation or Filing
- Form 17 Cancellation of Charge, Notation or Filing
- Local Government Filing Form
- Strata Property Act Filing Form
In addition, a new version of the Survey Plan Certification form is now available. The form was updated to increase the year selection dates to 2025 in all dropdown lists. The prior version will remain active.
For more information on form retirements, please refer to Valid and Retired Versions of Electronic Forms.
Updates to E-Filing Guides Due to Form Retirements
The Director of Land Titles has issued the following updates to E-filing Guides in response to the PDF form retirements:
- Guidance to complete the PDF forms was removed. The guide sets out scanning requirements and a table of natures of interest and their related supporting document. For practice guidance on completing the Form 17s, see the Web Filing Form Practice Guides.
- Removed guidance to complete the Claim of Builders Lien, Form 17s, Local Government Filing Form and Strata Property Act filing forms which are now retired. For practice guidance on completing these forms, see the Web Filing Form Practice Guides.
- Updated direction for a Land Tax Deferment Act letter that requests additional time to secure the release of a Land Tax Deferment Act charge from title. These types of requests must be entered (using the template letter provided in the document) on a Form Declaration and must not be attached to a Form Declaration or Form A.
- Updated direction for a Land Tax Deferment Act letter that requests additional time to secure the release of a Land Tax Deferment Act charge from title. These types of requests must be entered by selecting the Land Tax Deferment template on the Form Declaration dropdown list and must not be attached to a Form A or Form Declaration.