As a customer-centric organization, the Land Title and Survey Authority of British Columbia (LTSA) continually works to improve collaboration with its stakeholders and enhance customer experience in achievement of its Stakeholder and Customer strategic objectives. These objectives are outlined in the 2019 Business Plan and progress is reported on a quarterly basis.
In the third quarter of the 2019/20 fiscal year, the LTSA processed approximately 810,000 online business transactions. In Q3 and continuing into the current quarter, achievements include:
- The LTSA launched the initial phase of Web Filing, the first step toward modernizing land title submissions. Web Filing is an update to the LTSA’s Electronic Filing System that reflects evolutions in policy, technology and our customers’ business. Remaining Web Filing forms and increased functionality will be added over the coming months. We invite customer feedback as customers learn and use Web Filing at their own pace.
- AutoProp has been adopted by most real estate boards in British Columbia, providing over 90% of Realtors© across BC with access to AutoProp. Members from 8 of 11 real estate boards can now use AutoProp to view property information from over 125 database sources in a single map-based search.
- ParcelMap BC has now been adopted by 40 local governments and other provincial organizations as their authoritative cadastral fabric, doubling results from the previous quarter. The Adoption Working Group continues to provide direction and input into priorities and actions to support the adoption of ParcelMap BC by additional organizations.
- As the launch of the Land Owner Transparency Registry (LOTR) approaches in mid-2020, a website will be launched to share key information, which will be updated and expanded as additional details become available.
- In Q3, we met with legal professionals through stakeholder consultations and customer events such as the CLE Residential Real Estate Conference to collect feedback and increase awareness about the registry.
Reporting on the progress being made reflects the LTSA’s commitment to delivering accountable, reliable and trusted public administration.