File a Claim of Builders Lien application online at ltsa.ca/FileCBL. The new online application includes the option to easily prepopulate key information. LTSA encourages customers to use the online form to submit an application online, by mail or in person.
LTSA Progress on Stakeholder and Customer Objectives in Q4 2020/21
As a customer-centric organization, the Land Title and Survey Authority of British Columbia (LTSA) continually works to improve collaboration with our stakeholders and enhance customer experience in achievement of our Stakeholder and Customer strategic objectives. These objectives were updated in the 2021/22 to 2023/24 Business Plan published on April 1, 2021, which outlines the LTSA’s activities over the next three years to achieve its vision of a real property market that is trusted and transparent.
In the fourth quarter of the 2020/21 fiscal year, LTSA received just under 220,000 land title applications as a result of a continued high volume of real estate transactions. Our achievements in the quarter include:
- LTSA and our wholly-owned subsidiary LandSure Systems Ltd. (LandSure) were recognized as two of BC’s Top Employers in 2021by the editors of Canada’s Top 100 Employers. Al-Karim Kara, President and Chief Executive Officer, said “We are not your typical land title registry—we are focused on using innovation and technology to deliver a positive customer experience while also improving the consistency, accuracy and efficiency of our system.”
- The Land Owner Transparency Registry (LOTR) has received a total of 66,067 transparency declarations and 7,359 transparency reports since the registry was launched on November 30, 2020 to the end of March 2021. Beginning Apr 30, 2021, the public can use myLTSA to search information in LOTR.
- In response to stakeholder and customer feedback, the Director of Land Titles revised the retirement date for PDF versions of certain land title forms to September 12, 2021. New functionality will be introduced to Web Filing in Summer 2021 to make the submission process easier and more efficient.
- LTSA announced Board of Directors appointments, with three directors re-appointed for an additional three year term.
- A one percent increase to most LTSA services fees came into effect on April 1, 2021. LTSA will use revenue from the fee increase to address the impact of inflation on operations.
Reporting on the progress being made reflects LTSA’s commitment to delivering accountable, reliable and trusted public administration. View or download the latest Business Plan. Please email email@example.com with any questions you may have.