As a customer-centric organization, the Land Title and Survey Authority of British Columbia (LTSA) continually works to improve collaboration with its stakeholders and enhance customer experience in achievement of its Stakeholder and Customer strategic objectives. These objectives are outlined in the 2020/21 – 2022/23 Business Plan and progress is reported on a quarterly basis.
In the first quarter of the 2020/21 fiscal year, the LTSA processed approximately 750,000 online business transactions. Achievements in Q1 include:
- In response to the COVID-19 Pandemic, the LTSA implemented several temporary practice measures to support physical distancing and to maintain the health and safety of customers and employees. Customers are invited to use our COVID-19 Resources web page to stay up-to-date with current guidelines and information.
- The LTSA released additional forms in Web Filing, including the Property Transfer Tax (PTT) return. Web Filing is an update to the LTSA’s Electronic Filing System that reflects evolutions in policy, technology and our customers’ business. The LTSA will continue to use customer feedback to enhance and improve Web Filing functionality.
- ParcelMap BC has now been adopted by 58 local governments and other provincial organizations as their authoritative cadastral fabric. The Adoption Working Group continues to provide direction and input into priorities and actions that support the adoption of ParcelMap BC by additional organizations.
- In response to customer feedback about improving the initial myLTSA account setup and login, we have updated the instructions and descriptions to be more clear and intuitive. Customers also asked us to improve the password management experience and we have reduced the wait time for verifying a password via email.
- The launch of the Land Owner Transparency Registry (LOTR) has been delayed to Fall 2020. Changes to the Province’s legislative calendar due to the COVID-19 pandemic resulted in this delay. The LTSA has published an informational website about LOTR at landtransparency.ca where you can subscribe to receive further information updates.
Reporting on the progress being made reflects the LTSA’s commitment to delivering accountable, reliable and trusted public administration. View or download the current Business Plan. Please email email@example.com with any questions you may have.