Section 79 Land Act
Section 80 Land Act

Road dedications on Crown land to gain access to private land being subdivided

  • From time-to-time, a municipality, the Crown, or an individual may need to dedicate a road over a portion of Crown land to enable access.
  • Before the Surveyor General can approve a plan dedicating a road, authorization to establish a road must be obtained from the Ministry of Forests, Lands, and Natural Resource Operations.
  • For Surveyor General approval, please submit the plan and required information using the Electronic Filing System (EFS). The EFS User's Guide outlines the process to submit the plan.
  • Contact FrontCounter BC to make a roadway application.