How does my organization become eligible to hold a conservation covenant on a particular parcel of land?

Individuals and non-government organizations are able to register a covenant on private lands. Anyone interested in registering and holding...

Note: Page updated to include instructions for Web Filing

Content for this page has been updated to include instructions for Web Filing of applications to the Surveyor General. Background information on Web Filing is available here. Technical instructions for Web Filing have been added to myLTSA’s Surveyor General Practice Guide.

The PDF versions of Surveyor General forms are now retired. Land surveyors must use the Web Filing versions of these forms moving forward. Web Filing forms can be accessed through the Web Filing menu option in myLTSA.

Section 118, Land Title Act

  • From time to time, when a right of way plan is being surveyed it is discovered that the true location of the present natural boundary of a property being crossed does not agree with the location of that boundary shown on the plan upon which title is based. If the difference in the location of the present natural boundary is attributable to either accretion or an incorrectly defined natural boundary on the plan upon which title is based, a land surveyor may proceed with an application under section 118 of the Land Title Act.
  •  An application must be made to the Surveyor General by a BC land surveyor in accordance with Circular Letter 477A. These applications are similar to those made under section 94(1) of the Land Title Act. Should the application be successful, then the right of way plan may extend to the present natural boundary.

  • Please submit applications through myLTSA using the Web Filing Surveyor General Application and Plan Submission form and setting the Application or Plan Type dropdown list to the appropriate SRW application/plan. The Surveyor General Practice Guide contains instructions for Web Filing.

  • In Web Filing, Checklists for application packages are integrated into the Web Filing process and are entered online. Example checklists for Accretion or Natural Boundary Adjustments on Statutory Right of Way Plan application packages are located below: