How does my organization become eligible to hold a conservation covenant on a particular parcel of land?

Individuals and non-government organizations are able to register a covenant on private lands. Anyone interested in registering and holding...

Note: Page updated to include instructions for Web Filing

Content for this page has been updated to include instructions for Web Filing of applications to the Surveyor General. Background information on Web Filing is available here. Technical instructions for Web Filing have been added to myLTSA’s Surveyor General Practice Guide.

The PDF versions of Surveyor General forms are now retired. Land surveyors must use the Web Filing versions of these forms moving forward. Web Filing forms can be accessed through the Web Filing menu option in myLTSA.

  • All statutory right of way plans over titled and untitled Crown lands must be submitted to the Surveyor General for approval prior to submission to the Land Title Office.
  • The plan and all required information must be submitted through myLTSA using the Web Filing Surveyor General Application and Plan Submission form and setting the Application or Plan Type dropdown list to “LTA SRW Plan” or “LTA SRW OGC Plan.” The Surveyor General Practice Guide contains instructions for Web Filing.
  • Direction to Land Surveyors No. 16 provides details on submission package requirements.
  • In Web Filing, Checklists for application packages are integrated into the Web Filing process and are entered online. The following example checklists are provided to review in preparation for your Web Filing submission to the Surveyor General: