What is the purpose of the Authorized Subscriber Register (ASR)?

The purpose of the Authorized Subscriber Register (ASR) is to provide certain organizations that issue and submit land title documents over the...

What is the address for the land title office?

The LTSA has land title offices in Kamloops, New Westminster and Victoria. For hours and address information, visit...

What kinds of jobs do you recruit for and how often do you post positions on your website?

Most of the career opportunities at the LTSA are for Examiners of Title in Land Title services, or Technologists for Surveyor General services....

What is a Parcel Identifier (PID)?

A Parcel Identifier or PID is a nine-digit number that uniquely identifies a parcel in the land title register of in BC. The Registrar of Land...

Why can't the land title office give me legal advice?

Land title staff are unable to advise on legal rights or actions associated with land titles and charges. The Registrar of Land Titles and staff...

Note: Page updated to include instructions for Web Filing

Content for this page has been updated to include instructions for Web Filing of applications to the Surveyor General. Background information on Web Filing is available here. Technical instructions for Web Filing have been added to myLTSA’s Surveyor General Practice Guide.

The PDF versions of Surveyor General forms are now retired. Land surveyors must use the Web Filing versions of these forms moving forward. Web Filing forms can be accessed through the Web Filing menu option in myLTSA.

Section 9(1) of the Ministry of Lands, Parks and Housing Act

  • The Surveyor General has been authorized by the Minister to dispose of Crown land under Section 9(1) of the Ministry of Lands, Parks and Housing Act.
  • If a highway is being established on a Land Title Act plan and the road crosses a small Crown-owned creek, the Surveyor General may sign a certificate pursuant to Section 9(1) establishing public road over the creek.
  • Section 9(1) establishes public road and not highway.
  • Land surveyors are encouraged to submit a request for preliminary conditional approval by email to surveyor.general@ltsa.ca prior to completing the final plan.
  • When the Surveyor General Division receives a plan that contains a public road dedication under Section 9(1), staff will contact a regional representative of MFLNRORD to seek comments. If the comments are favourable, the Surveyor General will provide consent to the establishment.
  • Please submit applications through myLTSA using the Web Filing Surveyor General Application and Plan Submission form and setting the Application or Plan Type dropdown list to “MLPH Section 9(1) Highway or Forest Rd Plan.” The Surveyor General Practice Guide contains instructions for Web Filing.
  • In Web Filing, Checklists for application packages are integrated into the Web Filing process and are entered online. An example checklist for a MLPH Act Section 9(1) Highway or Forest Road Plan application is PDF icon located here.
  • Direction to Land Surveyors No. 16 provides additional information.