Who is responsible for maintaining ParcelMap BC?

The Surveyor General Services of the LTSA is responsible for the quality of the land survey structure for the Province, and the LTSA is the...

Where can land surveyors view the ParcelMap BC dataset specifications?

Visit the Survey Plan Datasets page to view the Survey Plan Dataset specification and other...

December 19, 2018


RE:  Reporting Damaged or Destroyed Integrated Survey Area Control Monuments

In accordance with Survey and Plan Rule 2-3(2), land surveyors must promptly report a damaged or destroyed Integrated Survey Area Control Monument in the manner required by the Surveyor General.

Damaged or destroyed Control Monuments are to be reported directly to Geographic Data & Services (GeoBC) within the Ministry of Forests, Lands, Natural Resource Operations and Rural Development using the online Survey Monument Condition Report form available from the main MASCOT webpage. The link can be found under Survey Utilities as “Submit a Survey Monument Condition Report”.

Additionally, the Surveyor General also requests that land surveyors report damaged or destroyed control monuments that lie outside of Integrated Survey Areas, although no rule makes this a requirement at present.

This reporting by users will assist in maintaining an accurate inventory that is of benefit to all users and stakeholders of the monumented control system within the province of BC.

Yours sincerely,

Original Signed by Mike Thomson

Mike Thomson, BCLS
Surveyor General of British Columbia